IMPORTANT: SITE CHANGE!

We have a brand new site! Please go to http://provomusicguide.com to view our new site! Thanks!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

News et cetera

I am currently making somewhat futile attempts to create a logo for Provo Music. This is where I currently am:

It is just a prototype. I might be an artist but I most definitely not a graphic designer (nor do I have the money to afford one). You see, the orange dot on the "i" is where Provo is, and that's about as clever as I know how to get when it comes to this sort of thing. You can tell me how much it sucks or how great it is. I constantly dish out my fair share of criticism but I don't want to be one of those unstable jerks who can't take it either. I mean, if you see my band play and send me a scathing review, I'm not going to get all Charles Foster Kane and post it just to prove that I can be unbiased. This whole paragraph has become rather stream-of-consciousness, but I woke up late today and missed my Jazz Improv class and am a little upset.




This is all getting very "personal blog". Here are some things to say that you will actually care about:

Colin Hatch, frontman of Tighty Willis won Second Place in the John Lennon Songwriting Contest Video Challenge with "Answer the Phone". So, for your viewing pleasure, here is the video!


Tighty Willis are a group of great songwriters and musicians who really deserve this recognition. They also put on one of the best live shows around. (Perhaps Colin is inspired by his brother's band Eyes Lips Eyes.) Luckily for you, faithful readers, they will be playing this Saturday at Muse Music Cafe with Ferocious Oaks and Wild Apples (shameless self promotion). You can hear the rest of Colin's fantastic, non-award winning songs, and purchase a copy of Ferocious Oaks' new Polyamory EP! Yours truly will also have an art installation up at Muse for one night only. The place is going to be colorful like you've never seen it before.

And in the very near future, we shall be starting a weekly Provo Music Podcast! Any ideas you have for people to interview/things to talk about would be very much welcome!

<3

mlewisbarker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, complaint, threat, or flirtation here.