IMPORTANT: SITE CHANGE!

We have a brand new site! Please go to http://provomusicguide.com to view our new site! Thanks!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

FINALS TONIGHT! and an explanation

Come check out the BotB Finals tonight at 8pm! Xan & Baker, Foxheart, Archie Crisanto, the Crylics, White Elephant, and The Lunatic will all be competing for $$ and studio time! Your participation matters.

Also, I've been hearing that a few people are disliking what I've written on this blog. First thing: The Lovecapades thing was a gag. They really are awesome people. Second, I'd like all of you to read this quote from Teddy Roosevelt (manliest man of all time) that has been on my Facebook profile for months now:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

What I say on here really doesn't matter at all. I'm actually really surprised at how many people have come across this blog in so short a period of time. I'm just one guy, who is a huge music snob, with my own opinions. If I say something negative about your band, don't get offended. I would absolutely LOVE for someone to actually give me some criticism on my music. The problem is, everybody is afraid to speak their mind. I started this blog to vent a little, and I realize that I went about it all wrong. But I will continue to post and I will continue to say what I think, whether it's good or bad.

I realize I should be more careful and constructive in my criticism. I see a lot of potential in these bands, including the ones I maybe lashed out against. If something I say hurts a little, maybe that's an aspect you need to improve. I know what it's like to receive criticism, but it helps us and that's all I want to do. But I'm just one guy, and you have absolutely every right to ignore what I say. But don't run around getting angry at the things I've written because that results in attacking me as a person when all I do is talk about your music.

Go to shows. Enjoy bands. That's what it's all about. But that doesn't mean we can't talk about what we really think, even if someone gets hurt.

Thanks.

M. Lewis Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, complaint, threat, or flirtation here.